The History of Falardeau Funeral Home

J. Albert Falardeau and Joseph T. Glanville formed the partnership of Falardeau and Glanville Funeral Home in February of 1940 and operated out of Mr. Falardeau's home at 9 Grove Street, Baldwinsville, NY until 1951, when the partnership was dissolved and Mr. Falardeau continued as the sole proprietor.

In 1952 he moved the funeral home to 17 Grove Street, which offered a larger facility and grounds.

In 1962, Mr. Falardeau's son, Don E., was licensed and became a partner with his father. At about the same time, a large addition was added to the facility.

In 1971 J. Albert retired as partner.

In 1977, Don bought the property at 93 Downer Street and after renovation of the old portion of the house, which was built circa 1840, and an addition of approximately 2500 sq. feet was added to the east side of the structure, opened the present funeral home in May of 1978.

Don's son, Joseph D., graduated from Simmons Institute of Funeral Service, Inc. of Syracuse in 1988 and, after serving his residency at Fagan Funeral Home, Inc. in Bath, NY, became an associate of the Falardeau Funeral Home, Inc. in March of 1990.